Depression is often visualized as a dark cloud following a person around, constantly hanging over them. To someone with depression, that visual can seem quite accurate. Those struggling with depression often have persistent feelings of sadness and hopelessness, regardless of their situation and environment.
Some signs that you may be struggling with depression include:
- Feelings of sadness that persist for more than 2 weeks
- Problems falling or staying asleep, or sleeping too much
- Appetite problems or extreme weight fluctuations
- Not enjoying or not wanting to do things you used to enjoy
- Feeling tired/Loss of energy
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Crying a lot throughout the day
- Feeling hopeless
- Thoughts of suicide or death
Rachel can teach you ways to decrease your symptoms of depression. The first step is to become aware of your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. Through discussing and processing painful emotions, you will learn to better tolerate and regulate these feelings so they do not spiral out of control. Rachel will help you find healthy outlets for your feelings and create safety plans to reduce any self-destructive behaviors. She will also teach you skills to improve your self-esteem and your relationships with others. Together, you will be able to get rid of that dark cloud for good!